St John of God Murdoch Hospital Redevelopment
Project Directors Australia is proud to have successfully completed Western Australia’s largest ever private health sector investment: The Redevelopment of St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
PDA provided the full suite of Project Management and Superintendency services for both Stage 1 and Stage 2 of this major project, from the early planning and masterplan stages, through to construction and Final Completion. The $260M Redevelopment of St John of God Murdoch Hospital comprised the following project scope of works:
- New Wexford Medical Clinic building (6 floors) and car park;
- New “South Wing” building (6 floors);
- 90 new in-patient beds (plus 30 shelled);
- 20 place Cancer Centre;
- 4 new operating theatres (plus 4 shelled) with expansion of ancillary areas;
- Reconfiguration of the Day Procedures Unit (DPU) to incorporate a Day-of-Surgery-Admission function;
- New 30 place Endoscopy Unit with 30 places and five procedure rooms;
- 10 bed ICU/CCU expansion and reconfiguration of existing to meet Department of Health licensing requirements;
- 1 new Birth Suite;
- Construction of a brand new hospital Chapel;
- Expansion of the main Kitchen;
- Central plant reconfiguration and expansion;
- Caregiver wellness initiatives such as end of trip facilities;
The Redevelopment increased the capacity of the hospital from 25,000 patients to 50,000 patients annually.
Following the completion of Stage 1 ahead of time and under budget in November 2014, Stage 2 was completed during May 2017, ahead of time and under budget. Stage 2 involved the refurbishment of the existing Entry Foyer, Chapel, Ferns Cafe, and 180 Ward bedrooms. Additional upgrade works to the Fire and HVAC Systems were completed in 2018.
Project Directors Australia fulfilled the role of Project Director, Project Manager and Superintendent for the entire project since inception in 2009, to completion in 2018.