St John of God Murdoch Hospital Redevelopment
Project Directors Australia is proud to have successfully completed Western Australia’s largest ever private health sector investment: The Redevelopment of St John of God Murdoch Hospital.
PDA provided full Project Management and Superintendent Services from 2009 – 2018, from the early planning and masterplan stages, through to construction and Final Completion. The $260M Redevelopment of St John of God Murdoch Hospital comprised the following project scope of works:
- New Wexford Medical Clinic building (6 floors) and car park;
- New South Wing building (6 floors);
- 90 new in-patient beds (plus 30 shelled);
- 20 place cancer centre;
- 4 new operating theatres (plus 4 shelled) with expansion of ancillary areas;
- Reconfiguration of the Day Procedures Unit (DPU) to incorporate a Day-of-Surgery-Admission function;
- New 30 place Endoscopy Unit with 30 places and five procedure rooms;
- 10 bed ICU/CCU expansion and reconfiguration of existing to meet Department of Health licensing requirements;
- 1 new Birth Suite;
- Refurbishment of the hospital Chapel;
- Expansion of the main Kitchen;
- Central plant reconfiguration and expansion;
- Expansion of selected support areas on LGF;
- Caregiver wellness initiatives such as end of trip facilities;
- The Redevelopment increased the capacity of the hospital from 25,000 patients to 50,000 patients annually.
Following the completion of Stage 1 ahead of time and on budget in November 2014, Stage 2 was completed during May 2017, on time and under budget. Stage 2 involved the refurbishment of the existing Entry Foyer, Chapel, Ferns Cafe, and 180 Ward bedrooms. Additional upgrade works to the Fire System were completed in June 2018.
Project Directors Australia fulfilled the role of Project Director and Superintendent for the entire project since inception in 2009.