St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital
Project Directors Australia has delivered a game-changing redevelopment of this leading private hospital following it’s acquisition by St John of God Health Care (SJGHC) in 2014, becoming the new St John of God Mt Lawley Hospital.
Project Directors Australia was engaged for the full suite of Project Management and Superintendent services from 2014-2019 for this combined $25m Redevelopment. The scope included major refurbishment of wards, theatres, medical records, a 400m2 kitchen, a new backflow prevention plant and finally, a major Due Diligence Programme of Works comprising of 62 individual projects to replace major infrastructure and services, including:
- A campus-wide Nurse Call system replacement;
- Replacement of 5x HVAC Chillers and numerous AC plant and equipment, including a new Building Management System (BMS);
- Roof replacement of the 115 year old “Killowen House” medical centre;
- Replacement of 20x electrical switchboards, including the site main switchboard;
- Replacement of 3x theatre air handler units and chilled water pipework;
- A new campus-wide lightning protection and surge protection system;
- Major fire barrier and fire door improvements and upgrades;
- Replacement of an existing passenger lift.